The motor graders are one of the most vital equipment in the construction of roads and hence are very rightly referred to as road building equipment. This type of equipment is extremely versatile in nature and therefore find a wide range of applications. One of the best things about motor graders is that they can be easily customised with a wide array of attachments exactly as per the requirements. These attachments bring about an enormous amount of flexibility to the motor graders and hence serve great purposes in the road construction industry along with a number of others as well.
Classification of Motor Graders
Motor graders which are also referred to as road graders or simply graders are absolutely must at any construction site. These are usually self-propelled machines along with an adjustable blade. Any typical motor grader models usually have three axles with the engine. The cab is located above the rear axles at one end of the vehicle and a third axle at the front end of the vehicle with the blade in between. The graders are usually identified by their long adjustable blade. These are considered to be an easy-to-use equipment for mining underneath the ground. Another major factor that separates the graders from other construction equipment is the drive systems with some of the equipment using all wheel drive that is four wheel drive and front wheel drive systems. The motor graders are usually classified into two categories based on the structure and arrangement of the frame.
- Rigid Frame Motor Grader
- Articulated Frame Motor Grader
Both of these types of motor graders are the most commonly used in recent times.
Used and Applications
At the time of investing in a motor grader, the users should be clear with their requirements and what they expect from the equipment. To make it clear for the users to understand, here we have listed the major applications of motor graders.
- Motor graders play a significant role in making smoother surfaces, levelling soil, fine grade, and shifting of small amounts of dirt
- Construction and maintenance of roads is the most traditional use of the motor graders with its most vital use being preparing the topmost layer for laying asphalt on top of it
- The equipment is also readily used for the removal of snow, debris along with various earth-moving requirements
- Motor graders are widely used for the purpose of setting native soil foundation pads for finish grade before the construction of large buildings
- The graders also make sure that the compactor is efficiently and effectively used with minimum load on it
After reading through, each of the users can very clearly understand about motor graders and their applications. Thus, at any point of time, you are looking forward to a motor grader for sale, make sure to choose a well-known brand and a dependable seller.